F O L L O W E R S

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Speaking words of wisdom [Letting go]

Greetings.

I am the world's worst when it comes to letting go of past mistakes I have made or regrets I have about my life, moving on from the past and forgiving others if they have hurt or wronged me. I have come a long way but for someone like me who lives with this personality trait, it's a great reminder to always strive to be better and never forget that God commands us to forgive ourselves and others. 

“Ladies and gentlemen, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead.”

The one thing the statement above encourages to do is “forget the past”. Of course no one can ever completely forget their past. Some people are forever hindered by their past – past failures, past hurts, and past disappointments. There is always a memory that lingers. Its hard to forget the past because we forget to forget.This is do really true. Kan kan kan? Sometimes, we do feel that our future cannot be fully embraced until aspects of our past are released. But, whatever it is, life must go on. We have to move forward. Even God chooses not to change the past but to use it. Do you have things in your past you need to let go of? Here some thoughts I used to share;

1. Acknowledge your past. It cant be changed. Learn from it.

2. Live for the present. Begin applying your heart to wisdom so that you can number your days and make your remaining days better. The past is written. The future is unwritten.

3. Learn the lesson from the past or you'll have to take the class again :P

4. Forgive. Forgiveness releases us from our past. Receive it from God and give it to others and yourself.

5. Process your past. This can only be done with the help of God and a trusted confidant (:

6. Replace with the new one. Teehee :B

''The past is for insiration,not imitation for continuation, not repetition''


*Note to self  : Be inspired young girl (:

No comments:

Post a Comment